WHO WE ARE:
The “Perfume-Me” is an online store which selling Generic Perfumes (the “Product(s)”) containing alcohol to all over the State of Kuwait and as well as to the international Consumer(s), so that everyone can enjoy OUR perfumes.
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU:
While using our Store, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information (PII) may include, but is not limited to your Full Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Mailing or Shipping Address, City, State, Country, Zip Code (“Personal Information”).
The information we will collect from you will depend upon the use of our Site or Store. We will collect information from you, when you Purchase any product, visit our Site or Store or contact us for our services.
We may collect the following information from you;
A. User-Provided Information
- Account Information.When you place any order to our site or store,you may need to sign up or register for an account ( You may also directly register for an account with us) which we require certain information such as we require certain information such as your First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Mailing Address( including but not limited to City, State, Country, Zip Code) or Delivery and Shipping address, Date of Birth etc.
- Profile Information.To use certain features within the ”Perfume-Me”, we may also ask the user to complete a profile, which may include your Govt. Issued ID, Delivery and Shipping address , gender etc.
- Payment Information.We don’t locally process any payments and we don’t collect any payment information by us or transferred to us either through our Site or Store or otherwise except your Credit Card information when you make any orders. All payments will be handled through the secure gateway system either through our Site or Store or otherwise. So, no payment data will be collected by “Perfume-Me” itself. At the point of payments through the secure gateway system, you are transferred to a secure page on the Site or Store of PayPal or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be branded to look like a page on our Site or Store, but it is not controlled by “Perfume-Me”.
- Communications with “Perfume-Me” Via Live Chat or Other ways.When any user or consumer communicates with “Perfume-Me” using our Contact us form, support email, Phone Call or live chat option or/with a phone call we may collect personal information through such communications.
- Other Information.The user may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill our product returns form, contact us from, update or add information to your account with us or interest with your social media account.
B. Information Collected via Technology.
To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) may collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
When you use the “Perfume-Me” we may collect information about the Usage Information, Location Information, Log Data, and Transaction Information, Cookies and Similar Technologies “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This automatically-collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, etc. Also, we may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
We may use Google Analytics, Google’s and Facebook’s ad tracking feature and remarketing pixels and other third-party vendors to collect information anonymously and report Site or Store trends without identifying individual visitors. Facebook and Google use its cookie to track visitor interactions. Site or Store owners can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their Site or Store so they can improve their Site or Store and how people find it.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTING OR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Our primary purpose in collecting information about you is to provide you with services or information that you request or to process your orders. When we collect personal information from you, we will inform you at that time of the reason we have requested it. We may also use your information to personalize the content you view and to better understand how you use our Store in order to improve the services of “Perfume-Me”, and its provides. You have the right to request us, not contact you for the purposes of sending you newsletters, direct marketing, or market research information. We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
Our primary purpose in collecting and using your personal information to provide you our services smoothly and to meet your satisfaction to use “Perfume-Me”, to address your needs and concerns, and to personalize the material and information we send you. We may also use your information to personalize the content you view and to better understand how you use our Site in order to improve our Store and its products. You have the right to request us, not contact you for the purposes of sending you newsletters, direct marketing, or market research information. We may also collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To personify the user experience.
- To maintain your interest with us.
- To analyze and enhance our communications and strategies.
- To respond your inquiries.
- To protect the security and safety of our users.
- To comply with all applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies including, reasonable necessity to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders.
We do not share any of your personally identifiable or transactional information with any person or entity, other than as set out in this policy. No other third party receives your personally identifiable information or other transactional data and in no circumstances we do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or non- affiliated companies for marketing purposes (including direct marketing purposes) without your permission.
TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE OR SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share your personal data with other people or organizations that are not directly linked to us. With your prior permission or consent, we may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances and authority: “Perfume-Me” takes reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, this Personal Data may be disclosed, in the following circumstances,
- Business partners, suppliers, Curriers, and sub-contractors who provide services in support of our business or delivery of products. For examples:
(i) we may pass your delivery address and telephone number to our partner courier companies in case they need to contact you directly if there is a problem with your delivery;
(ii) we may pass certain personal information to third-party payment management companies to enable them to verify your credit or debit card details;
(iii) we may pass your personal information to third-party service providers that assist us with our marketing and data analytics efforts;
(iv) we may pass certain purchasing information and use of discounts to business partners who facilitate such discount schemes, provided you have previously registered with them; or
(v) we may pass your personal information to business partners who provide us and assist us in operating consumer service management software, designed to improve and manage our interaction with consumers and your consumer service experience.
- Business partners, affiliates (and their business partners), marketers, advertisers and advertising networks for marketing and advertising purposes, which may include:
- Sending you direct mail or emails about their products, services, sales, promotions, events, news and shop openings that may interest you; or
- Serving ads or adverts that may interest you. For information about managing your privacy and opting out.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of ensuring that your credit or debit card is not being used without your consent. This is done only to confirm your identity. No credit check is performed and your credit rating will be unaffected;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the “Perfume-Me” Offerings; or
- To our employees, contractors and/or related entities.
- To protect our assets and prevent fraudulent transactions, including (a) validating credentials and authenticating consumers when logging into your online profile or transacting in Shop; and (b) protecting the security and integrity of the “Perfume-Me” Offerings and our data;
- To any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority, or other organization if we are required to do so to meet a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of anyone else.
- To protect our legal rights, liabilities, and interests.
In addition to the ways that we may share information with business partners, affiliates (and their business partners), and other third parties as described above, we may disclose to third parties the information collected from you in an aggregate form. However, we will only do so in such a way as to ensure that such aggregated information does not individually identify any user.
Any organizations which access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your data and adhere to all data privacy laws that apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards. We will not share your personal information with anyone else for their own marketing purposes unless we have your permission to do this.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties which may establish outside State of Kuwait and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with relevant law of the State of Kuwait or other applicable international data privacy law. “Perfume-Me” has sole discretion to take all reasonable steps to secure the information against unauthorized access or disclosure. In no event, we do not sell trade, rent or otherwise transfer your any identifiable information to any third parties except the above circumstances.
THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS PROCESSED
When you visit this Site or Store we may collect, use and process your personal information in accordance with the terms set out in this privacy notice. Your personal information may be used for the following purposes (hereinafter “purposes”):
- Web or Store administration. We may use your personal information for administrative purposes, including to help us better understand how our customers access and use our Site or Store; to provide our prospective partners, service providers, regulatory bodies or other entities with reports; to set up and maintain security, anti-piracy and fraud-prevention measures, along with other services designed to protect our customers, partners and ourselves; and to enforce our regulations, directives and procedures.
- We may, within the confines of the law, use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, including for email communications and other means of electronic communication. For example, we may use your personal information to send you newsletters; inform you of special offers, promotions, competitions, and services; invite you to an event organized by “Perfume-Me”; or send you information that we think will interest you.
- We may use your personal information to communicate with you, including responding to requests for assistance. We may communicate with you in a variety of ways, including via email, your social media accounts and/or text message, if you have agreed.
- Customer service. We may use your personal information for customer service purposes, including suggesting services and offering you technical support. Similarly, we may use your personal information to provide you with adapted, personalized content and information based on your purchases of “Perfume-Me” Services; monitor the registration of your Services; generate statistics on the roll-out and use of our solutions;
- Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, in particular to improve our Site or Store and the customer experience. We may also use it for research and analysis purposes to improve our Services, services, business activities, operations and processes.
- Legal obligations. We may use your personal information to comply with legal obligations, including responding to an authority, a court order or a preliminary disclosure request.
- Protection for ourselves and others. We may use your personal information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of policies, directives and other policies.
THE BASIS ON WHICH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS PROCESSED
“Perfume-Me” follow lawful basis for collecting and/or processing your personal information. We generally rely on a number of grounds (reasons) for this processing within our business activities. We process your personal information in accordance with the provisions set out in the GDPR and the relevant applicable data protection laws and regulations. The legal bases for processing your personal information are:
- To comply with contractual obligations. When you wish to get any particular service, we are offering through our Site or Store, the purposes of processing your personal information are primarily determined by that service and we will process your information so that we can provide that service to you.
- There is a legitimate interest. In certain situations, we may not need your consent to use your data as we will have a legitimate interest to do so, but we must inform you of this. Examples of such situations are:
- To analyze and optimize our Store;
- To guarantee IT security and safeguard our IT operations;
- To prevent and investigate criminal acts.
“Perfume Me” has legal obligations it must follow or there is a general public interest. As any other company, “Perfume-Me” is subject to legal obligations and regulations. In some cases, the processing of your personal information will be necessary for “Perfume-Me” to fulfill these obligations.
SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES/INTERACTIVE SERVICES :
If you interact with “Perfume-Me”, its Affiliates or any third parties by and through the Interactive Services or any Social Media Pages, you should be aware that the personal information that you submit by and through such venues can be read, collected and/or used by other users of these forums (depending on your privacy settings associated with the accounts you have with the hosts of such Social Media Pages, if applicable), and could be used to send you unsolicited messages or otherwise to contact you without your consent or desire. We are not responsible for the personal information that you choose to submit in these forums. The Social Media Pages reside on website (“Social Media Sites”) that are operated independently from “Perfume-Me”, and we are not responsible for such Social Media Sites’, interfaces or privacy or security practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings of the Social Media Sites with which you interact to help you understand those Social Media Sites’ privacy practices. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of any Social Media Sites that you use, please refer to their applicable privacy statements or policies.
“Perfume-Me” may use “cookies” to enhance User experience. User’s web browser places cookies on their hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Cookies can compile information about your browsing habits and can also enhance your browsing experience. We use a standard cookie warning popup box on our Site or Store.
- to understand browsing habits on the Site or Store;
- to improve your user experience on this Site or Store;
- to remember your preferences;
- to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity;
- to help us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction;
- to enable this Site or Store to function properly;
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It won’t affect the user’s experience that makes your Site or Store experience more efficient and may not function properly.
During your online use of “Perfume-Me”, you may encounter links to the sites of “Perfume-Me”, business partners. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses. “Perfume-Me” strives to comply with all applicable law of the State of Kuwait and Law around the world that is designed to protect your privacy. Although legal requirements may vary from country to country, “Perfume-Me” intends to adhere to the principles outlined in this Privacy Statement even if, in conjunction with the above, we transfer your information from your country of residence to countries that may not require the same level of protection for your information. Our goal is to protect your information no matter where that information is collected, transported, or retained.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include Site or Store hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Site or Store, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Google’s and Facebook’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s & Facebook’s advertising principles.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS:
We may use third-party advertising platform including but not limited to Google ads, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics and Facebook’s ad tracking feature, etc. to promote our Store and Products. We may also use remarketing pixels through Google and Facebook. We do not share personal information that directly identifies you with third-party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes.
We may use Google Analytics. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Site or Store analyses how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Site or Store (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on Opt-Out.
We take children’s privacy seriously. Our Site or Store complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act defined under the local territory of every user of our Site or Store. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or the age of majority define under the territory of our consumer.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION:
“Perfume-Me” has committed to protect or safeguard the information provided by you. We take all reasonable and necessary steps to protect the information provided by you from unauthorized access. We follow commonly accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us. We are also using SSL CERTIFICATE security system for ensuring and protect the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storages is 100% safe and secure. Therefore, we are not in the actual position to guarantee the absolute security of your information. If you have any questions about security on our Site or Store, you can submit us an email we may take all reasonable steps and may allow third parties and who shop or assist us regarding your personal information and adopt proper security measure to safeguard your information for ensuring security.
BUSINESS OR OWNERSHIP TRANSFERS
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of the the E-Commerce Law or Electronic Transactions Law t(he “ET Law”), Law No. 20 of 2014 of the State of Kuwait , General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)of the European Union, California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA),Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA other applicable International data protection law and other relevant law of the local territory of the user. We and each user may submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local territory of the users. We and each user may submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local territory of the users.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS OR REQUESTS FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT:
In the following circumstances, we may disclose your personal information according to your wish or regulations by law with a) Your prior Consent or permission; b) By the applicable law within or outside your country of residence, legal process, litigation requests; c) By requests from public and governmental authorities; d) If it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our terms of service or as otherwise required by law; e) To protect our legal rights and interests; and f) To secure the information against unauthorized access or disclosure ”Perfume-Me” takes all the reasonable steps. “Perfume-Me” encrypts the transmission of data on pages where you provide payment information. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error. In no event, we do not sell trade, rent or otherwise transfer your personal information to any third parties except the above circumstances.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to Personal Information we may collect from California residents. For California residents, we will use data practices as necessary to comply with applicable law including CCPA.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
- Outside The State of Kuwait: By submitting any of your personal information to “Perfume-Me” you are transferring your personal information to State of Kuwait and you consent to such transfer. We do not represent or warrant that the Site or Store or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular geographic location. If you choose to access our Site or Store, you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations applicable in your jurisdiction. If you are visiting the Site or Store from outside State of Kuwait, please be aware that your information will be transferred to, stored and processed in State of Kuwait where our servers are located and our central database is operated. By using the Site or Store, you consent to your information being transferred to our facilities and to the facilities of those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
- Outside The EEA: Please note that some of our service providers may be located outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). In such cases we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate level of protection of personal data, or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection. We may transfer our databases containing your Personal Information in connection with the transfer or sale of all (or substantially all) of our business assets, or in the event of a merger, consolidation or similar transaction.
IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA, WE MAY PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR THE ABOVE PURPOSES WHEN
- YOU HAVE CLEARLY CONSENTED TO THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION,
- WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO PROVIDE YOU WITH SERVICES OR TO RESPOND TO YOUR INQUIRIES,
- WE HAVE A LEGAL OBLIGATION TO USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- WE HAVE A LEGITIMATE INTEREST IN USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ENSURE AND IMPROVE THE SAFETY, SECURITY, AND PERFORMANCE OF OUR SERVICE.
We do not share any of your personal information or transactional information with any person or entity, other than as set out in this policy. No other third party receives your personal information or other transactional data. However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
You may opt-out of receiving emails and other messages from “Perfume-Me” by following the instructions in those emails. We may also use the information that you provide to us to communicate with you about our current activities or to notify you about any updates or changes to our services. If you decide that you would no longer want to receive such messages you can opt-out from receiving such emails from “Perfume-Me”. In order to opt-out you can click on an unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of every email.
ACCESSING, UPDATING or DELETING YOUR INFORMATION:
If you want to change, update or access your Personal Information, you may do so by contacting us. To update, correct, review or access your personal information, please provide required information for contract with us and mention clearly what specific information would you like to update, correct, review or access. We will response to your request as soon as possible. To protect the user’s privacy and security, we may verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your Personal Information and/or Property Information.
Please be advised that deleting your personal information will limit our ability to contact you in connection with any order you placed to “Perfume-Me”.
Please be further advised that, after your personal information is deleted, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
We also hate spam or junk e-mail (unsolicited commercial e-mail) as you do. “Perfume-Me” endorses and complies with the requirement of the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003) and other applicable unsolicited commercial e-mail laws. If you subscribe with “Perfume-Me”, there will have always an option to unsubscribe immediately.
EXTERNAL LINKS POLICY:
CHANGE TO THIS PRIVACY:
We don’t track you personally and we never sell your personal data. Here is what we track: we track how users use our site in general so that we can make it better. We are monitoring traffic, usage activity, site performance, and we use general analytic tools so that we can improve your experience. We do not associate any of this data with you personally. We never sell or share your personally identifiable information unless required to do so by law.
CHOICES YOU HAVE ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You may, of course, decline to submit your personal information to “Perfume-Me”, in which case you may not be able to use our Site or Store or purchase any products from us. You may also control the types of notifications and communications we send, limit the personal information shared within the “Perfume-Me” Platform about you, and otherwise amend certain privacy settings.
- Right to access: the right to request copies of your personal information from us;
- Right to correct: the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems;
- Right to withdraw: Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal information.
- Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to ‘block’ us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it;
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information;
- Verify and seek rectification: the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected;
- Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests or where we use your personal information to carry out profiling to inform our market research and customer demographics.
- Lodge a complaint: the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
- Right to Opt-Out: You have the right to opt-out of any use of your personal information as defined in the CCPA.
- Right to Nondiscrimination: We do not discriminate against users who exercise their privacy rights. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination prohibited by the CCPA.
DURATION OF HOLDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We continue to process your personal information on the above basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO THESE POLICIES:
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US:
FYI: Please note that
- This Privacy Statement was last updated on January, 2021.
- “Perfume-Me” reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. Modifications to this Privacy Statement can be made without prior notification.